The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2006
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA05-57a: Independence National Historic Park, President's House, Philadelphia ($4.5 million)
b. TIP Action PA05-57b: SR 29 and SR 113 Arcola Road, Montgomery County ($6.090 million)
c. TIP Action PA05-58: District Project Management "A" and District Project Management "B", Various Counties ($8 million)
d. TIP Action PA05-59: Philly CarShare, Various Counties ($4 million)
e. TIP Action PA05-60: US 202 Section 700, Bucks and Montgomery Counties ($16 million)
f. TIP Action PA05-61: Easton Road Closed Loop Signal System, Bucks County ($621,000)
g. TIP Action PA05-62: Old Bethlehem Road (Bridge) Over Cooks Creek, Bucks County ($375,000)
h. TIP Action NJ06-04: DRPA Purchase / Rebuild PATCO Cars, Various Counties ($7.695 million)
i. TIP Action NJ06-05: Burlington County Traffic Operations Center, Burlington County ($225,000)
j. TIP Action NJ06-06: Route 295 Rehabilitation, Tomlin Station Road to Route 45, Gloucester County ($14.066 million)
3. Fiscal Year 2006 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. TreeVitalize: Tools for Municipalities
TreeVitalize seeks to launch TreeVitalize Tools for Municipalities, a program to engage municipal leaders in discussions about community forestry management.
b. Schuylkill Action Network
The purpose of this project is to meld the National Land Trust's Smart conservation project, which identifies ecological priorities in the Schuylkill watershed, with the Philadelphia Water Department's Source Water Protection Model, which identifies priority areas for drinking water protection within the watershed.
4. FY 2007 PennDOT Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program Work Programs
Final FY 2007 TMA Work Programs, incorporating the 20% funding increase as well as comments from DVRPC and PennDOT will be presented to the Board for approval.
5. FY 2007 Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Work Programs
The MAP is a result of a response to the need for measures to reduce highway congestion. Five TMA's (Bucks county, Chester County, Delaware County, Greater Valley Forge, and Partnership TMA are involved in preparing Work Programs for this program. PennDOT requests DVRPC review and approve the individual work program for the TMA and that they be presented to the Board for approval.
6. New Jersey Local Scoping Highway Program - New Project: Intersection of CR 561 and CR 692, Berlin Township, Camden County
The project entitled Camden County: Haddon Avenue and Franklin Avenue in Berlin Township, Camden County is being proposed for Board approval to draw funds down from the DVRPC Local Scoping Line Item in FY 06.
7. 2005 Update of the Highway Functional Classification System for Pennsylvania
Staff will present, for Board approval, the proposed changes, which have been reviewed and accepted by PennDOT, to the Systemwide Functional Classification.
8. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Request in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery, and City of Philadelphia
9. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of February 14, 2006 will be reported to the Board.
10. Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance
Staff will provide an update on the Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance (DVSGA) which is designed to support smart growth projects as they go through the local approval process. DVSGA is a non-profit initiative of over 100 government, private and non-profit organizations in the Greater Philadelphia region, including Southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and the State of Delaware.
11. Executive Director's Report
a. DVRPC Annual Dinner, May 4, 2006 at the Four Seasons
12. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald Shanis
b. Information Technology Systems - Don Shanis
c. Regional Housing Committee - Barry Seymour
13. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2006
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 2h, 2i, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for February 23, 2006
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Immediately following Board Meeting
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2006
2. Authorization Resolution with Lakeland Bank for TransitChek
3. Adoption of the DVRPC Fiscal Year 2007 Budget
(1) Minutes of Meeting of January 26, 2005
(2) Commissioners Summary Sheets (Action Items 2 and 3)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Paul T. Fader
NJ Counties: Thomas J. Gurick
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Charles H. Martin
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab