Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Friday, December 2, 2016
The back-up date is December 20th.
Somerset Emergency Services Training Academy
402 Roycefield Road
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
WINTER WEATHER ALERT:
If snow or icing occurs on this day, call DVRPC at (215) 238-2839 to confirm if the meeting will be held.
1. Welcome & Introductions (approximately 5 minutes)
Chair Bill Neary will open the meeting.
2. Forum Business (10)
- Meeting highlights approval (VOTE)
- Follow-up from last meeting: response to DelCo Lead letter of support (VOTE)
- Quick view of new interactive web map of Planned Projects Status Report contents
3. New NJ Transportation Trust Fund (60)
What are the latest financial estimates, including for county and municipal aid?
What will the passage of Ballot Question 2 mean for transportation funding?
Is more known about the new committee that will review TIP projects?
How will your organization prepare for increased county and municipal aid?
A few knowledgeable people will be invited to share what they have heard or planned so far withrelation to the questions above. This includes Matt Lawson from the Mercer County PlanningDepartment among others. All will then be invited to share additional knowledge, followed by adiscussion of how Forum members and the Forum as a whole might prepare for these changes.
4. Master Planning, Transit, and Bikesharing at Rutgers (15-20)
Rutgers University-New Brunswick is a major player in the future of the Route 1 corridor. Theyhave a new master plan, major transit system, and impressive bikeshare program. JackMolenaar, Senior Director of the Rutgers Department of Transportation Services, will providehighlights and participate in discussion of opportunities to collaborate.
5. How Forum Municipalities are Doing Transportation Smart Growth (30-35)
- Final draft best practices brochure for implementing transportation smart growth in CentralJersey and discussion of follow-up use of it
- Trenton250 Plan news (Jeffrey Wilkerson, Trenton Division of Planning)
- Somerset County supporting priority investments update (Walter Lane, Somerset County Planning Division)
- Princeton Street Smart Program (Cheryl Kastrenakes, GMTMA, and Alina Ferreira, Princeton)
- Open call for updates from other municipalities and counties
6. Brief Updates & Dialogue (15-20)
- Highlights from NJ Electric Vehicle conference
- Update on NJTPA Alternative Fuel Vehicles Infrastructure study
- Round the room, as time allows – bring thoughts and/or material for display table