Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Monday, June 25, 2012
9:00am - 11:30am
Conference Center at Mercer
1200 Old Trenton Road
West Windsor, NJ 08550
1. Welcome & Introductions
2. Forum Business
- Approval of January 31st Summary – VOTE
- Annual Election of Co-Chairs – VOTE
3. Complete Streets
NJDOT Commissioner James Simpson will share his thoughts on Complete Streets and other matters of importance to the broad Route 1 corridor.
4. Brief Update on a Few Route 1-Area NJDOT Projects
Update on August Harrison Street pilot project and how municipalities will be involved in evaluating the results, as well as a few other Route 1 projects.
5. Strategy for Route 1
- State Strategic Plan - Dan Kennedy, Deputy Director of the NJ Office of Planning Advocacy, will provide an update on the status of the Plan and the Advance Notice of Rules: Priority Investment Area Criteria. The discussion will focus on the practical application of the criteria, both for individual municipalities and for the Forum. It will also start to explore how the Plan will be implemented.
- Route 1 Regional Growth Strategy (Rt1RGS) Action Team Progress Update - Chair Tom Vigna
6. Route 1 Transit
- Part of BRT Starts Service: New Route 655 – Tom Marchwinski, Director of Systems Planning at NJ Transit, will share information about the new Route 655 including funding partners, the route, and schedule
- Report from First Meeting of Forum Transit Action Team - Chair Jack Kanarek
- Introduction to the Alexander Street/University Place Transit Task Force - Chair Kevin Wilkes
- Future Senior Transportation Services, Transit Signal Prioritization, and Transit Planning in Mercer County – DVRPC Senior Transportation Planner Greg Krykewycz