Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Hillsborough Municipal Building
379 S. Branch Rd
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
WINTER WEATHER ALERT:
If snow or icing occurs on this day, call DVRPC at (215) 238-2839 to confirm if the meeting will be held.
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Action Items
- Approval of September 20th Summary - VOTE
- Bylaw amendments – VOTE
- Report from support for transit work session – VOTE
- Revised Route 1 Regional Growth Strategy (Rt1RGS) Action Team road show potential actions and revised NJDOT Rt1RGS resolution – VOTE
3. Brief Update on a Few Route 1 Projects & Planned Projects Status Report
Speakers: Mark Rollo, Program Manager, NJDOT Division of Project Management
Jesse Buerk, Transp. Planner, DVRPC Office of Transp. Safety & Congestion Mgmt.
4. NJ Transit Update on Proposed New Route 655
Speaker: Tom Marchwinski, Director of Systems Planning, NJ Transit
5. Brief Update on NJ Strategic Plan
Speaker: TBD, NJ Office for Planning Advocacy
6. How Climate Change Will Impact Route 1 – Summary of NJTPA/DVRPC Study
Speaker: Jeff Perlman, Principal Planner, NJTPA Regional Planning Division
7. Learning from Hurricane Irene: How to Improve Communication about Transportation in Severe Weather and Major Events
Speakers: Jim Hadden, 511 and Special Projects, Statewide Traffic Operations
Laurie Matkowski, Sr. Transp. Engineer, DVRPC Office of Transp. Operations Mgmt.
8. Brief Updates & Dialogue
Updates & this meeting’s question: How can our action team tailor the road show to encourage your elected officials to adopt the Route 1 Growth Strategy resolution?