Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Thursday, February 10, 2005
201 Washington Road
West Windsor, New Jersey
WINTER WEATHER ALERT:
If snow or icing occurs on this day, call DVRPC at (215) 238-2839 to confirm if the meeting will be held.
1. Introduction of Attendees
Forum members will have an opportunity to introduce themselves
2. Summary of November Meeting
Approval of the highlights of the November 4, 2004 meeting
3. Route 1 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Study
NJ Transit and their consultant will discuss the draft BRT alignment and service concepts.
4. Transportation and Land Use Coordination in New Jersey - Smart Growth
NJDOT will describe their shared approach developed in coordination with the Office of Smart Growth. This initiative includes approximately twenty projects, one of which is the Route 1 Smart Growth Study.
5. East/West Corridors and Supporting the BRT
The action plan adopted last meeting included two priority items, which are supporting the BRT Study and working on east-west access issues for a few existing corridors. This first discussion of how to proceed will include: a. Brief review of transportation and land use maps b. Ideas for how to proceed
6. Brief Reports and Updates
a. Legislative Committee update
b. Cross-acceptance (NJ Office of Smart Growth and counties)
c. Draft New Jersey Statewide Goods Movement Plan (NJDOT)
d. Final Penns Neck Area EIS
e. Bi-annual Planned Projects Status Report
Forum attendees are encouraged to highlight any major activities that have occurred since the last meeting to facilitate the exchange of information.
1. List of Invitees (meeting folders)
2. Highlights of November 4th Meeting (already mailed and in meeting folders)
3. Central Jersey Transportation/Land Use Atlas
4. NJDOT Future In Transportation Smart Growth PowerPoint (meeting folders)
5. NJDOT Comprehensive Statewide Freight Plan Project Information Sheet
6. Planned Projects Status Report (meeting folders)