Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Thursday, November 2, 2006
meeting will start at 9:00
201 Washington Road
West Windsor, New Jersey
All participants will introduce themselves.
2. Approval of July Meeting Highlights
3. Assemblyman John Wisnieski on Transportation Policy
Assemblyman Wisnieski, Chair of Transportation and Public Works Committee, will speak about current transportation policy issues in the New Jersey Legislature. He will include his thoughts on the Transportation Enhancement District bill and other innovative ways to advance the BRT.
4. Route 1 Regional Planning
The Route 1 corridor faces major challenges in the future. This agenda item will focus on productive ways to address the big picture.
a. Route 1 Planning Through Partnerships Project
b. Route 1 Regional Growth Strategy Technical Evaluation
c. Route 1 BRT Update
5. Coordinating Route 1 Projects
The Forum enhances coordination among the many specific projects in the broad Route 1 corridor. This agenda item covers specific projects and how they tie together to achieve regional goals.
a. Somerset County Goods Movement Study
b. Map of Route 1 Land Use and Transportation Projects and Planned Projects Status Report
c. Transportation Problems and Projects Database
d. East-west Existing Corridors Task and other updates
Forum attendees are encouraged to highlight major activities since the last meeting to facilitate the exchange of information.
Attachments with Mailed Agenda
1. Highlights of July 20, 2006 Forum meeting
2. Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Resources
3. Draft Map of Route 1 Land Use and Transportation Projects
4. Draft Forum Transportation Problems and Projects Database
5. Highlights of the Forum’s Achievements
Please RSVP to CJTF@dvrpc.org or (215) 238-2898