SALARY RANGE: Mid $70,000s to Mid $80,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
LOCATION: Organizational Development; Executive Office
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
To support DVRPC’s mission, the Human Resources (HR) department focuses on pro-activeness, prioritization, and partnerships with all levels ofstaff. To continue accomplishing this objective and better meet service demands, DVRPC is hiring a motivated HR Generalist or Senior HRGeneralist. This new team member’s job is mid-level professional work within a comprehensive human resources program in a hybrid workenvironment. The Generalist will have a variety of professional and technical duties, such as office administration, the management of policies andprocedures, benefits administration, and recruitment. Additional focuses for this position are staff training, staff communications, employeeengagement, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Work is performed with considerable independence at the full level of professional competencyand is reviewed by the Associate Director, HR for accuracy and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Manage recruitment process for FTE’s and interns with an emphasis on sourcing, networking, posting jobs, scheduling interviews with hiring
- teams, candidate travel coordination, and selection. Ensure compliance with our EEO and Affirmative Action policies, federal and local laws,
- and diversity initiatives.
- Coordinate and track on-boarding process and new employee orientations for FTE’s and interns. Generate accurate offer letters, job
- descriptions, new hire verifications. Train new hires on HR policies.
- Administration of the HRIS database, personnel and HR files, compliance with records retention policies. Prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Assist with benefit information sessions, enrollments, changes, setting up, and direct employees to the appropriate web and broker services.
- Coordinate and administer HR communications efficiently. This will include events, policy changes, and annual reminders.
- Support supervisors by having discussions around performance reviews and HR documentation.
- Assist in counseling staff on DVRPC benefits, policies and procedures, employee relations issues and general grievances.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of DVRPC diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Organize employee recognition and service awards.
- Support implementation of employee engagement plans.
- Research new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Maintain collaborative team relationships with staff; foster a positive work environment.
- Serve as a contact to answer employee questions, and report to Employee Resource Group (ERG) meetings.
- Perform related work as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, regulations, and practices of Human Resources.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Considerable experience with methods and procedures of HR office administration.
- Experience with implementing and coordinating professional training initiatives, communication methods, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Considerable experience with recruitment processes in a fair and equitable manner.
- Exposure to benefits administration.
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply personnel policies and procedures and federal employment law regulations.
- Ability to comprehend the goals and objectives of the human resources department and how they relate to the overall mission of DVRPC as an organization.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with candidates, staff, and other affiliates of the Commission.
- Ability to cope with conflicting points of view and to function under pressure.
- Considerable knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Experience & Training
To classify as a level AA III, a minimum of five years of professional experience in Human Resources and such training that may have been
gained from graduation from a four-year college/university or a Master’s program with major course work in a discipline applicable to Human
Resources is required. To classify as a level AA IV, a minimum of seven years is required. PHR and/or SHRM-CP or higher preferred.
To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/.
DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MINORITY, DISABLED, & VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: YOU MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520