SALARY RANGE: Low to Mid $50,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
LOCATION: Executive Office
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Meeting and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of support and administrative assignments for DVRPC. The tasks for this role are split between assisting with committee and meeting coordination, and reception and general administration. This position assists with managing the meeting calendar and meeting preparations, including Zoom support, and assisting staff with various activities. This position also takes a hands-on approach to assist the Facilities Coordinator. The work requires professionalism and involves discretion and initiative within the framework of established policies and procedures, and making independent operating decisions based on experience and knowledge of departmental operations. Administrative work assignments from individual staff members will be assigned by the Administrative Services Manager. This is a full-time position, with flexibility to support night meetings.
- Serve as committee and meeting coordinator. About 70 percent of this job involves committee and meeting coordination both before and after meetings. This individual will be the point person for the Commission’s meetings.
- Provide hybrid meeting support using Zoom, Google Meet, or other meeting platforms, and ensure staff and stakeholders can smoothly run in-person, virtual, and hybrid meetings.
- Post committee agendas on DVRPC’s website, assist with highlights/meeting minutes, ensure presentations and highlights/minutes are linked to the website, update and maintain the Committees page on DVRPC’s website, and manage Committees Steering Committee. Provide meeting coordinators with attendee information, food ordering, verifying project code, or charge for expenses. Coordinate with building contacts and verify charges and expenses with Administration.
- Assist the Manager of Administrative Services with Board and RTC highlights and serve as a backup for Board and RTC meetings.
- Provide expert Zoom assistance for all staff for all meeting types, including setup and facilitation.
- Assist staff in scheduling off-site meetings, both virtually and in person.
- Oversee and manage conference meeting requests for internal meetings and external guests, and maintain conference room schedules.
- Coordinate with the Facilities Coordinator and IT Support Analyst, acting as backup for rearranging conference room furniture configurations, as needed, and verifying any resulting invoices.
- Administrate the operation of DVRPC’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP).
- Serve as Administrative Coordinator. About 30 percent of this job involves assisting staff with any and all administrative needs, including mailings, data entry, archiving, checking the Commission’s general voicemailbox, and more.
- Manage conference room requests for the Commission’s partners or like-minded agencies.
- Train and inform staff on meeting space protocols and manage the Facilities and Meeting Resources page on the Commission’s intranet.
- Perform related work as required.
- Expertise with Zoom and all Zoom functionality.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite/Workspace.
- Experience with calendar management.
- Expertise with facilitation, and/or communications, and administration.
- Ability to focus on details and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to present effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and the general public.
- Ability to lift a minimum of twenty (20) pounds needed to perform room setup in Conference area as back-up for Facilities Coordinator.
Experience & Training
To classify as an AA II, a minimum of three years of administrative experience in a professional office environment is needed. At least one year of operating experience with Zoom and Google Meet is required. Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Fluency in a second language is a plus.
To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/.
DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MINORITY, DISABLED, & VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: YOU MUST BE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520