COMPUTER SPECIALIST II (CS II) JOB RECRUITMENT #22-01
SALARY RANGE: Low to High $60,000s (position level & salary commensurate with education & experience)
LOCATION: Office of Web Operations
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: All sources
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
DVRPC is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented web developer who is interested in innovating new interactive applications and improving existing applications. The Office of Web Operations supports DVRPC’s mission by designing and implementing web solutions for two different audiences: citizens within the Greater Philadelphia region, and the planning staff of DVRPC. We emphasize ease of use, data visualization, public engagement, and data collection in our public products. User interface design and accessibility requirements are a part of every build, as DVRPC has a strong focus on releasing high-quality products. Other responsibilities include assisting staff with process improvement using custom web applications or Google Workspace solutions.
- Implement interactive applications using a data API/JSON endpoint and Illustrator comps as a starting point.
- Test and debug web applications in all major browsers on both Windows and Mac systems.
- Ensure good user interface design and compliance with accessibility guidelines across all products and devices.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document user-reported issues.
- Research, assess and recommend new emerging web technologies.
- Perform related work as required.
- Considerable knowledge of responsive/adaptive design and federal accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
- Experience using Git and GitHub for version control and code reviews within a team environment.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) to slice and export mockups and graphics.
- Ability to produce code that is compliant in all major browsers and meets coding standards.
- Ability to translate staff needs into creative web based solutions.
- Ability to present solutions effectively in oral, written, and graphic form with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and work independently and within a team of diverse skills.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
Experience & Training
A minimum of three years of professional or co-op experience in web application programming is required. Such experience may have been gained from a combination of experience and training. Training may have been gained through completion of a web development certificate program, or Associate’s Degree with major course work in web development, or Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college/university.
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. To learn more about our work culture and benefits, visit our website: www.dvrpc.org/HumanResources/
DVRPC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FULL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, ANCESTRY, COLOR, DISABILITY, DOMESTIC OR SEXUAL VIOLENCE VICTIM STATUS, ETHNICITY, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. MINORITY, DISABLED, AND VETERANS CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. NOTE: MUST HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY STATUS AND WORKING PAPERS.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR
MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520