The intern will focus on updating a contact database through email surveys and QA/QC the data. The intern will participate in various stages of developing marketing strategies and materials to promote commuter alternatives, focusing on Share-A-Ride (SAR) and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) commute issues. Close supervision is provided by the Manager, Office of Marketing and Commuter Services who will determine the level and amount of participation in each project and provide direction and guidance.
- Become familiar with the RidePro software used for SAR; review current information in the database of registrants; research contact information via email surveys and cleanse data; and determine actions regarding commute methods implemented.
- Using analytics provided by our media vendor and Google, ascertain impacts of a spring campaign on website traffic and program participation; develop a final report.
- Assist with marketing efforts and public outreach efforts/events for Share-A-Ride, the Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) and the Air Quality Partnership. This may include input on design work and social media outreach through our Office of Communications and Engagement (OCE).
- Participate in meetings with design vendors, media sales contacts and program committees, as well as planning partners, as scheduled/available.
- Interest in and knowledge of basic principles of marketing.
- Strong writing and communications skills, including speaking on the telephone, in order to deal with partner organizations and vendors. Knowledge of and experience with database management and marketing preferred, but not essential.
- Interest in public sector work and in issues such as congestion management, alternate commute methods/transit, air quality, etc.
- Ability to work independently at times.
This position requires a commitment of up to 15 hours per week. Compensation Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education and Training
Must have completed at least TWO YEARS of a college/university program, plus some experience, interest, or involvement in marketing in the public sector.
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DVRPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Full consideration will be given to all eligible, qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, domestic or sexual violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy), national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation; or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Minority, female, and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.