A Transportation Conference on
Technology, Trends, and Change
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
The Union League of Philadelphia
140 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Changing Lanes is a conference designed for transportation and planning professionals and organized jointly by DVRPC and WTS Philadelphia.
- 9:00 Welcome
With Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, DVRPC Executive Director Barry Seymour, and WTS Philadelphia Chapter President Patti Gibson
- 9:15 Opening Panel Discussion
Moderators: Orla Pease, Urban Engineers, and Laurie Matkowski, DVRPC (conference co-chairs)
- Denise Berger, AIA, Assistant Chief Engineer, Operations Division, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Rochelle “Chellie” Cameron, Chief Executive Officer, City of Philadelphia’s Division of Aviation
- Jennifer Cohan, Secretary of Transportation, Delaware Department of Transportation
- Rina Cutler, Senior Director Major Stations, Planning and Development, Amtrak
- Dana Hecht, Director, Division of Project Management, New Jersey Department of Transportation
- Mary Peters, Former United States Secretary of Transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Secretary Leslie Richards, Secretary of Transportation, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Renee Sigel, Division Administrator, Federal Highway Administration
- 10:45 Concurrent Sessions
Session topics include: Transportation Technologies; Civic Engagement Technology; Economic Gateways; Reconnecting Neighborhoods
- 12:15 Lunch & Keynote
David Ory, Sidewalk Labs. Sidewalk Labs is an Alphabet company that asks what if you built a city from the internet up?
- 2:00 Concurrent Sessions
Session topics include: Taking Steps Towards Safer, Healthier More Walkable Suburbs; Storytelling; From “No Way to “Yes, If” - The Transportation Projects that Could Shape our Future; Falling Apart - Aging Infrastructure
- 3:30 Concurrent Sessions
Session topics include: Arrive Alive - Safety as a Priority in Transportation; Boomers to X, Y, and Z - Closing the Generational Gap; Mind the (Funding) Gap; Design/Build - Engineering/Construction Case Studies
- 4:30 WTS Scholarship Reception
Tickets to attend Reception Only are also available. Contact Patti Gibson.
Continuing education credits for planners, architects, and engineers are pending.
Become a sponsor [0.1 MB pdf]
Contact Patti Gibson, President of WTS Philadelphia, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds will benefit the chapter's annual scholarship program, and are eligible as a tax deduction.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Beverage Break Station
Dress code is business attire. Jacket is required for men. For more details, visit http://www.unionleague.org/dress-code.php.