The DVRPC Board
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 28, 2015
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA15-46: Montgomery County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS #s), Montgomery County
- PA15-47: Chester County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS #s), Chester County
- PA15-48: Newtown-Yardley Road Intersection Improvements, (MPMS #57639), Bucks County
3. Fiscal Year 2016 Planning Work Program Amendments
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and their consultants, RK&K, are conducting a feasibility study of highway improvements between the Norristown and Bensalem interchanges (Exits 333 to 351). This project will use DVRPC’s regional travel demand model to prepare daily and AM and PM peak hour traffic forecasts to support that effort.
PennDOT has requested DVRPC conduct additional traffic counts in FY16.
This is the first phase of awards for the Regional Trails Program Round 2. The awards will fund design, construction and right-of-way analysis for Circuit projects. Projects funded for design will be included in a Circuit TIP Line Item which will be created through a TIP amendment as part of this action. The TIP amendment will program five million dollars in CMAQ funding for the Circuit Line Item.
Federal regulations require that Metropolitan Planning Organizations self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will request Board approval.
6. Election of Fiscal Year 2016 Board Officers
Elections will take place for the Fiscal Year 2016 DVRPC Board Officers. At this time nominations may also be taken from the floor.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Bucks County Activities and Initiatives
Current planning activities and initiatives in Bucks County will be presented to the Board.
9. Executive Director's Report
- TIGER grant applications
- NARC Annual Conference
- Regional Traffic Incident Management Conference
- June 30 Anniversary event
- Tall Ships parade
- World Meeting of Families
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Healthy Communities Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- SOS Roundtable and RCEDF
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of May 28, 2015
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4, 5)