The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of September 24, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA15-03: Resiliency Program (MPMS #103626), SEPTA
3. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
- Integrating Regional and County Comprehensive Planning with Hazard Mitigation Planning
With support from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) Cooperating Technical Partners Program, DVRPC will organize and lead a regional discussion on integrating hazard mitigation planning and comprehensive planning, and developing a more regional approach. DVRPC will conduct outreach to all nine counties to get a better understanding of how hazard mitigation planning works in practice in our region and will invite appropriate planning staff and emergency management personnel to a one-day roundtable meeting. The discussion will emphasize the need for both hazard mitigation planning and comprehensive planning to recognize and take into account the impacts of climate change. The discussion would draw on current related activities in the region.
- Philadelphia Port Major River Crossing Impact Study
This study will examine the regional economic and mobility impacts of a failure in one or more DRPA bridges and develop mitigation strategies.
- SHRP2 Advanced Travel Analysis Tool C16: Effects of Smart Growth Policies on Travel Demand
DVRPC applied for and was awarded a $50,000 User Incentive grant from Strategic Highway Research Program’s Implementation Assistance Program, to assess the Planning and Policy Assessment Tool (SmartGAP). DVRPC would use the C16 tool to pre-screen policy scenarios before undertaking extensive travel demand modeling exercises that are time- and resource-intensive. DVRPC would test the tool on two upcoming projects—the Gloucester County Unified Land Use and Circulation Master Plan Element and the update to DVRPC's Choices & Voices online scenario tool.
- US 30 Bypass Traffic Forecast Updates
DVRPC staff will prepare traffic forecasts to support improved traffic operations on the US 30 Coatesville-Downingtown Bypass in Chester County.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) exists between DVRPC, PennDOT, and SEPTA to establish agreed upon procedures for modifying or amending the TIP, as required by federal regulations. From time to time this MOU requires changes to improve, clarify, or streamline the process as DVRPC strives to advance all TIP programmed projects as efficiently as possible while still providing transparency to regional stakeholders. Staff will propose changes to the PA TIP MOU including appropriate language for MAP-21 compliance and references to new PennDOT statewide programs.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. FY2016 DVRPC Work Program development update
7. Household Travel Survey
The 2012-2013 DVRPC Household Travel survey is finally done! Staff will share exciting insights into what moves our region.
8. Solar Ready II
DVRPC is a partner, among a national team of regional planning organizations, on a “Rooftop Solar Challenge,” a project of the U.S. Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative, which strives to make solar energy fully cost-competitive with other forms of energy by the end of the decade. Through the project, DVRPC will work collaboratively with municipalities, business, residents and utilities in Greater Philadelphia to understand and implement best management practices that help reduce the “soft costs” of solar PV installations. The goal of Solar Ready II is to create more streamlined and standardized solar practices in the region, and to achieve measureable improvements in the region’s solar market conditions.
9. Executive Director's Report
- 2014 Board Retreat
- Regional Awards for Excellence
- Federal Certification Review
- Transportation Model Peer Review Panel
- Leadership Exchange visit
- Pennsylvania APA conference
- Major Metros Peer Exchange
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of September 24, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, and 4)