The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of July 24, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ14-31: Rt. 42 Bridges over Blackwood Railroad Trail, (DB# 12313), Camden County
- NJ14-39: Riverton Road (CR 603) and Branch Pike (CR 606) Roundabout, (DB# D1409), Burlington County/ Local Safety/ High Risk Rural Roads Program Line Item (DB #04314), Various Counties
- PA13-89: Bucks County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Bucks County
- PA15-01: Main St. Bridge over the East Branch Perkiomen Creek, (MPMS #92741), Bucks County
3. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Camden Food Economy Strategy Implementation
This project, funded partially by the Campbell Soup Company, is a follow-up to the two-year Camden Food Economy Strategy project. This project will allow for more in-depth distribution and dissemination of the published report (currently in draft form) and provide technical assistance to various public and private sector stakeholders in Camden City to implement recommendations.
b. Franklin Square Station Forecasting
This study will conduct a preliminary forecast to estimate the potential ridership at the Franklin Square Station if reopened. The forecasts will consider the effect of the system change on both a new Franklin Square Station and on all the existing PATCO stations.
DVRPC staff solicited new applicants for the FY 2015 Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) Grant Program. Staff will present the application process and recommended list of projects for funding.
U.S. Department of Transportation guidance on the implementation of MAP-21 provides options for MPOs to enable representation of transit agencies on MPO policy boards. DVRPC will continue to maintain its close working relationship with SEPTA, NJ Transit and DRPA/PATCO at both the staff and Board level.
Investing in People and Places was developed to satisfy the federal requirement for a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the Greater Philadelphia region, and will serve as the required five-year revision of the regional CEDS originally adopted by the U.S. EDA in 2009. The CEDS provides background information on regional demographic and economic characteristics; identifies regional strengths, challenges, and opportunities; and identifies regional economic development goals and objectives. The document also includes a list of key regional economic development projects, which is periodically amended as necessary. A public comment period was held from August 20, 2014 through September 19, 2014. Staff will present information on the CEDS and recommend Board adoption.
8. Development of FY2016 Annual Work Program
The Annual Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) guides all of DVRPC’s planning activities, including program areas, projects and pass-through funding for member governments. The FY2016 Work Program begins July 1, 2015, but the process to develop that program begins now. Staff will present an overview of the schedule and process to develop the next Work Program.
9. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
10. I-95/PA Turnpike Interchange Project: I-95 Renumbering
11. Executive Director's Report
- Comments on Federal Planning Rule
- Federal Certification Review
- DVRPC Futures Work Group
- TCDI Press Event
- 2014 Board Retreat
- Staff transitions
12. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Regional Community and Economic Development Forum
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Public Participation Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of July 24, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, and 6)