The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 22, 1999
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Amendment
- Amendment 9903 - PennDOT Adjustment Package
3. FY 2000 DVRPC Planning Work Program Amendment and FY 1999-2002 Pennsylvania TIP Amendment 9904: Transportation and Community and System Preservation Pilot Program (TCSP) Funds
The U.S. Department of Transportation has selected the DVRPC proposal Implementing Transit Oriented Development in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area: Schuylkill Valley Metro Station Area Planning and Implementation to receive TCSP funding. This project needs to be included in the FY 2000 Planning Work Program and the FY 1999-2002 Pennsylvania TIP.
4. FY 2000 DVRPC Planning Work Program Amendment and FY 1999-2002 Pennsylvania TIP (#9904) and the FY 1998-2002 New Jersey TIP (#9827): Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program
The project selections for the Job Access and Reverse Commute Competitive Grant Program were announced by FTA on May 13, 1999. All projects recommended by the Board have been selected which include three in New Jersey and 11 in Pennsylvania. Board action is now being requested to add these projects to the DVRPC Work Program and amend the New Jersey and Pennsylvania TIP's.
5. FY 2000 DVRPC Planning Work Program Amendment: Inclusion of New Jersey TMA Work Programs
FHWA requested DVRPC to review the work programs of the Cross County Connection TMA (serving the Camden and Burlington County areas) and the Greater Mercer TMA (serving the Trenton-Princeton areas) to assure that the work of the TMAs reflects established regional transportation plans and policies and include these work programs in the DVRPC FY 2000 Planning Work Program.
6. Major Investment Study (MIS) - Route 41
Though the legislative requirement for an MIS, initially contained in ISTEA, will be combined with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process as directed in TEA-21, staff has been examining the need for such a study of the Route 41 Corridor and will present the recent findings and the remaining issues of concern in that Corridor.
7. CMAQ Committee Membership
The DVRPC Regional Citizens Committee and various bicycle advocacy groups have recommended that a member of the bicycle community be given a seat on the CMAQ Committee. The proposed administrative structure and review committee membership to select among CMAQ projects was discussed at the Policy Analysis Committee Meeting and recommendations will be forwarded to the Board.
Roland Bullard, President, will present the potential benefits to the region of the FastShip project.
9. Year 2020 Regional and County Population and Employment Forecasts
DVRPC staff has been working with the City and County Planning staffs to prepare revised forecasts of population and employment, extended out to the Year 2025. The methodology used and proposed results will be reviewed by the Policy Analysis Committee.
10. Nominating Committee Report: Fiscal Year 2000 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2000 (July 1, 1999 - June 30, 2000). Elections will take place at the regular June meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
11. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
Dennis Winters, Chairman of the RCC, will report to the Board the activities of the RCC's meeting of May 11, 1999.
12. Executive Director's Report
- Ozone Action Board Meeting of April 23, 1999 - Ozone Action Kick-off at Seaport Museum on May 25, 1999
- Second Annual Governor's Seminar of Boards and Commissions in Harrisburg on May 5, 1999.
13. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - John B. Claffey
- Regional Citizens Committee - Dennis Winters
- Board Policy Analysis Committee - Barry Seymour
- Minutes of meeting of April 22, 1999
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for May 27, 1999
- RCC Recommendations for May 27, 1999
CALL TO ORDER
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 22, 1999
2. Nominating Committee Report: Fiscal Year 2000 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Executive Committee for FY 2000 (July 1, 1999 - June 30, 1999). Elections will take place at the regular June meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
- Minutes of Meeting of April 22, 1999