The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 26, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ14-32: Route 30, and Evesham Road Intersection Improvements (DB# 93263), Camden County
- NJ14-33: Burlington County Centerline Safety Enhancement Project, 2014, (DB# 04314), Burlington County
DVRPC is reaffirming Transportation Conformity for the FY 2014 New Jersey TIP, and demonstrating conformity for the FY 2015 Pennsylvania TIP, and Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan (Plan). This demonstration is necessitated by a new Pennsylvania TIP and amendment to the Long-Range Plan. Since there are no additions of regionally significant, non-exempt projects to the FY 2014 New Jersey TIP or New Jersey projects in the Plan, DVRPC is reaffirming the results of the previous conformity demonstration for the New Jersey portion of the region. A public comment period was held from June 16, 2014 to July 18, 2014. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the Board adopt the findings.
Act 89 provides supplementary funding for transportation investments in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Act 89 will provide over $10.5 billion in additional funding for projects in the Pennsylvania portion of the DVRPC region. The transportation investments in the Connections 2040 Plan are being amended to include additional multimodal transportation projects to be carried out over the life of the Long-Range Plan. A public comment period for the amendment was held from June 16 through July 18 and staff will review comments received at the Board meeting.
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the Draft DVRPC FY2015 TIP for PA, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received during the public comment period, any recommended changes, and will ask the Board to adopt the PA TIP.
6. MAP-21 Policy Guidance on MPO Representation
Final Policy Guidance recently issued by FHWA and FTA provide alternative approaches regarding the MAP-21 provision of transit agency representation on MPO Boards. Staff will present recommendations for the Board to consider.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Mapping of Municipal Adoption of Smart Growth Tools
Staff will present a recent effort to map the municipalities in our region that have adopted specific smart growth tools. This database can be used to track progress on adoption of tools, identify communities to offer technical assistance, inform future smart growth work, and provide incentive to municipalities to pursue tools used by their neighbors. The web map also provides links for obtaining more information.
9. Executive Director's Report
- DVRPC 50th Anniversary events
- World Class Summit and Index
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- FY2016 Work Program development
- Plan and TIP celebration luncheon
- Next Board meeting: Wednesday, September 24
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of June 26, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 3, 4, and 5)