The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 27, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-66: Approval of Act 89 FY14 Additional State RevenueProjects and Studies (Various MPMS#s), Various Counties
- PA13-67: All-Weather Pavement Markings Program 2014, (MPMS# 99717), Montgomery County
- PA13-68: Statewide Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Funding, (Various MPMS#s) Various Counties
- NJ14-17: CR 545 and Old York Road (CR 660), Roundabout (DB# DB1405), Burlington County
- NJ14-18: Route 45, Mullica Road to Route 322, (DB# D1406), Gloucester County
There are seven applications for funding under the Mobility Alternatives Program, the DVRPC-managed effort for TDM outreach and education about alternatives to SOV travel to employers and commuters. These work programs are ready for Board approval.
The six TMAs in the DVRPC Region submitted draft work programs for review by the TMA Policy Committee, which met on February 6. The comment period on these work programs concluded on Feb 21. Work programs have been revised according to comments and are now ready for Board approval.
DVRPC will provide additional technical support to SEPTA for the EIS on the King of Prussia Extension of the Norristown High Speed Line. This includes additional TIM 2.0 runs of alternatives and analysis using the FTA STOPS model.
DVRPC’s Disclosure of Public Records Policy was last updated in January, 2011. Since that time, the climate for public disclosure has changed greatly, and the application of state laws on the Commission has been tested legally. Because of these changes, it is now time to update the policy. While asserting our intention to be transparent and cooperative, the draft policy defines which records are available for public review, and clarifies the process for filing a request as well as how to submit an appeal.
7. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
8. Resilience in the Face of Climate Change
This presentation will give a very brief overview of the expected impacts of climate change on the region, and present two examples of recent projects intended to prepare for these impacts. Rob Graff will provide a brief overview of the issues, Erik Johanson of SEPTA will present a FTA-funded project addressing the impacts of extreme weather on the Norristown Line of SEPTA’s Regional Rail System, and Chris Linn will present on a FHWA-funded project to assess the vulnerability to climate change for two regional transportation corridors in New Jersey.
9. Executive Director's Report
- Transportation Alternatives Program
- Transportation and Community Development Initiative
- New Jersey Job Access and Reverse Commute Program
- Investing in People and Places Forums
- Planning and Public Health Forum
- DVRPC and Social Media
10. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Central Jersey Transportation Forum
- Public Participation Task Force
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of February 27, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3, 4, 5, and 6)