The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
BOARD FY 2008 WORK PROGRAM
preceding Board Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
All Board Members and Alternates
are invited to attend.
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of October 26, 2006
2. Adoption of Conformity Determination of the DVRPC FY 2007 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan (LRP)
The public comment period has been completed for the draft conformity finding. Staff will present their recommended changes for Board adoption.
3. Amendment to the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan: PA 309 from Welsh Road to Highland Avenue (LRP #7, MPMS #16477)
The public comment period has been completed for a long range plan amendment to add new ramps to provide all movements at the Norristown Road interchange of PA 309. Staff will present their recommendations for Board adoption.
4. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA07-02: PA 309, Welsh Road to Highland Avenue, Section 101 (MPMS #16477), Montgomery County ($33.4 Million)
b. TIP Action NJ07-02: Motor Vehicle Crash Records Processing, New Jersey Statewide, Line Item DB #X233 ($4 million)
5. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2007 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. US 1 Widening and Reconstruction Traffic Study, Bucks County
DVRPC will prepare a traffic study and forecasts for US 1 and for selected other cross roadways in Bucks County.
b. Transit Support Program (New Jersey), New Jersey Transit and Burlington County
The remaining $53,667 in the Transit Support Program Special Studies section was reserved as a placeholder until such time as other projects could be recommended. Two requests have been received, one from New Jersey Transit for a survey and the other from Burlington County for a new county road/transit map.
6. DVRPC Draft Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program
Board Authorization is required to distribute the DVRPC Draft Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program for public comment and review.
7. DVRPC FY 2007 Transportation Community Development Initiative (TCDI ) Program
Staff will present proposed changes to the FY 2007 TCDI Program. The next round of grants is proposed to begin in January 2007.
8. Pennsylvania Transportation Funding and Reform Commission Final Report: Addressing Pennsylvania's Transportation Funding Crisis
On November 13, 2006 the final report of the Commission was released, offering a broad array of options to provide additional funding and improved operations of the highway, bridge and transit systems in the Commonwealth. Members of the Commission as appointed by Governor Rendell will provide an overview of their findings and recommendations.
9. Economic Growth Strategy for the State of New Jersey
On September 7, 2006 Governor Corzine unveiled a comprehensive growth strategy to strengthen and grow New Jersey's economy, designed to benefit all cities and regions of the state by building new partnerships between the state and its corporate community. Chris Carew from the governor's Office of Economic Growth will present the strategy and its implications for our region.
10. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of November 21, 2006 will be reported to the Board.
11. Executive Director's Report
a. Smart Transportation Solutions for New Jersey and Pennsylvania
b. Meeting of three New Jersey MPOs
c. New Jersey legislative Report on Property Tax Reform
d. Philadelphia / New York Exchange Meeting
e. Land Use, Transportation and Economic Development Coordination
f. Philadelphia Central Delaware River Advisory Group
g. Central Jersey Transportation Forum
12. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee / Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Goods Movement Task Force - Donald S. Shanis
c. Information Resource Exchange Group - Joseph Fazekas
13. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of October 26, 2006
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2, 3, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6 and 7).
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for December 7, 2006
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, December 7, 2006
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of October 26, 2006
2. Contract Authorization: Cheltenham Township SEPTA Bus Facility and Transit Related Development
(1) Minutes of Meeting of October 26, 2006
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab