The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
BOARD FY 2007 WORK PROGRAM
preceding Board Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
All Board Members and Alternates
are invited to attend.
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 28, 2007
2. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program Amendments
- Bicycle Education Enhancement Program (BEEP), City of Philadelphia
- Central Camden County Bicycling and Multi-Use Trails Master Plan, Camden County
- Development of Regional Indicators for the William Penn Foundation's Expanded Grant Making Area
3. Year 2035 Regional, County, and Municipal-Level Population and Employment Forecasts
DVRPC staff will present the regional, county and municipal-level population and employment estimates in five-year increments through 2035.
4. Committee Appointments for FY 2008
The Board Chair will announce the FY 2008 Board Committee Appointments for FY 2008.
5. Revised Land Use, Transportation and Economic Development (LUTED) Scoring Sheet
Staff will present the results of the LUTED project priority scoring from the Board, the RTC, and the RCC.
6. Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance
The Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance was established in 2004 to develop criteria for smart growth development in the region and to organize a juried project recognition program for quality projects. An update will be provided to the Board on activities to date, with options for expanded DVRPC involvement in the program.
7. Regional Airport Issues and Concerns
Several aviation policy related issues were raised at the June 21, 2007 Regional Aviation Committee Meeting which may be worthy of Board consideration or response. A recent Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision regarding airport zoning may impact numerous regional townships. Congress is now debating the reauthorization of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Funding Program, and features of the proposed legislation will impact regional airports. Recent FAA, Eastern Region, funding criteria changes may impact small airports negatively.
8. Chester County Landscapes Plan Update
Ronald Bailey, Chester County, will present the Chester County Landscapes Plan update and the process used to update that Plan. An on-line public opinion survey was conducted and the results have been posted on a website along with other information that can be used by interested citizens. During the next year, the Plan update will serve as an experiment in the use of web-based technology to support interactive county and municipal planning.
9. Land Prioritization Strategy for the Schuylkill Watershed
Staff will present the results of the Schuylkill Watershed Land Prioritization Strategy, which prioritizes land for preservation based on ecological and source water protection resources, overlaid by development pressure. The project is a partnership between the Philadelphia Water Department, Natural Lands Trust, and the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission.
10. Managing Change Along the US 322 Corridor
Working in cooperation with the Gloucester County Planning Department and NJDOT, staff recently completed a transportation and land use study of the US 322 corridor. Staff will present the study methodology, findings and recommendations for the future.
11. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC Meeting of June 19, 2007 will be reported to the Board.
12. Executive Director's Report
- Pennsylvania Budget and Transportation Funding
- Board Retreat
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Climate Change
- Logan Square - Aviator Park
- Route 611 Study
- Board Policy Committee Meeting
13. Committee Reports
- Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
- Information Resource Exchange Group - Joseph Fazekas
- Goods Movement Task Force - Ted Dahlburg
- Central New Jersey Forum - Zoe Neaderland
14. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
- Minutes of meeting of June 28, 2007
- Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2 and 3).
- PCC/RTC Recommendations for July 26, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 28, 2007
2. DVRPC Planning Work Program Report - Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2007
(1) Minutes of Meeting of June 28, 2007
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab