The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 24, 2007
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA07-49: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP (MPMS #64494, 50640, 64811, 73864, 14515)
(1) US 202, Swedesford Road to Route 29 Reconstruction Project (Section 320), (MPMS #64494), Chester County
(2) I-95/Girard Point Bridge and Pavement Preservation Project (MPMS #73864), Philadelphia
(3) PA 100 Shoen Road to Gordon Drive Widening project (MPMS #14515), Chester County
(4) PA 100, US 202 - US 30 Bypass Highway Restoration Project (MPMS #50640), Chester County
(5) Pineville Road Over Pidcock Creek Bridge Replacement project (MPMS #13242, Bucks County
b. TIP Action PA07-50: US 202, Four Overhead Bridges Rehabilitation Project (Section 311) (MPMS #65613), Chester County ($17,525,000)
c. TIP Action PA07-51: River Road Flood Recovery Project (Site 5) (MPMS #78051) and River Road Flood Recovery Project (Site 6) (MPMS #78050), Bucks County (Site 5 $48,000, Site 6 $6,901,000)
d. TIP Action PA07-52: PA 309, Welsh Road to Highland Avenue Reconstruction Project (MPMS #16477), Montgomery County ($21,750,000)
e. TIP Action PA07-53: Accrued Unbilled Costs (Various MPMS numbers), Various Counties ($15.880 million)
f. TIP Action PA07-54: Cruise Terminal Intermodal Facility (MPMS number, to be determined), Delaware River Port Authority/Port Authority Transit Corporation ($625,000)
3. Adoption of the DVRPC FY 2008-2011 Transportation Improvement Program for New Jersey
DVRPC staff has worked with stakeholders to develop the DVRPC FY 2008-2011 TIP for New Jersey as the region's official selection of transportation projects for federal funding. The public comment period is complete and Board adoption is being requested.
4. Adoption of the 2007 Congestion Management Process, Supplemental Projects Update
Highway projects that add major Single Occupancy Vehicle (SOV) capacity are required to include supplemental projects that enhance the benefits of the capacity additions and extend the useful life of the project. The Congestion Management Process (CMP) is required to track implementation of supplemental projects to ensure that these commitments are being faithfully pursued. The first annual memorandum tracking CMP commitments was prepared in coordination with transportation planning partners. Highlights of the report will be presented and Board adoption of the memorandum's recommendations will be requested.
5. DVRPC Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendation for Board adoption.
6. Election of DVRPC Board Officers for Fiscal Year 2008
Elections will take place for DVRPC Board Officers for Fiscal Year 2008 (July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008). Nominations may also be made from the floor at this time.
7. Election of New Jersey and Pennsylvania County Representatives to Serve on the Executive Committee for FY 2008
a. Results of New Jersey Caucus
b. Results of Pennsylvania Caucus
8. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)/Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Certification Review of DVRPC
Federal legislation requires that the U.S. Department of Transportation conduct a periodic review of the transportation planning process in all metropolitan areas over 200,000 population to certify that the process is in compliance with applicable statutes and regulations. FHWA and FTA representatives met with DVRPC staff and others on May 31 and June 1, 2006, and submitted their findings on April 17, 2007.
9. Projects to Support Economic Development in the Delaware Valley
As part of the Integrating Land Use, Transportation and Economic Development (LUTED) Planning Project, DVRPC staff has been working with a number of regional economic development agencies and planners to develop a list of key transportation investments that have been deemed critical to the region's future economic growth and are consistent with DVRPC's long-range plan. Board members will be asked to review and prioritize from among a list of 30 proposed projects.
10. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC Meeting of June 19, 2007 will be reported to the Board.
11. Executive Director's Report
a. DVRPC Annual Dinner
b. DVRPC Board Retreat
c. Penjerdel Transportation Forum
d. PennDOT Smart Transportation Workshop
e. New York State Association of MPO's, June 14-15, 2007
f. National Association of Regional councils Conference, June 23-26, 2007
12. Land Prioritization Strategy for the Schuylkill Watershed
Staff will present the results of the Schuylkill Watershed Land Prioritization Strategy, which prioritizes land for preservation based on ecological and source water protection resources, overlaid by development pressure. The project is a partnership between the Philadelphia Water Department, Natural Lands Trust, and Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission.
13. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Information Resource Exchange Group - Joseph Fazekas
c. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
d. Land Use and Housing Committee - Mary Bell
14. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of April 26, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5, and 6).
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for June 28, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
* 1. Minutes of Meeting of May 24, 2007
2. Contract Authorization: Scoping Phase of Safety/Traffic Signal Coordination Improvements along a Portion of CR 533 in Mercer County; project limits are from the Whitehorse Circle (US 206) in Hamilton Township to Nassau Park Boulevard (just North of US 1) in West Windsor Township, Mercer County
3. Elimination of DVRPC's Long Term Temporary Classification Title
4. Election of DVRPC Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2008
Elections will take place for the Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2008. Nomination may also be taken from the floor at this time.
(1) Minutes of Meeting of May 24, 2007
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Edward Williams
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: James Ritzman
PA Governor's Appointee: David Mandelbaum
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab