The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 26, 2007
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA07-37: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP (MPMS #14337, 14587, 13742, and 13342)
(1) Harmonyville Road over French Creek Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #14337), Chester County
(2) Springton Road over Indian Run Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #14587), Chester County
(3) Hellertown Road over Cooks Creek Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #13742), Bucks County
(4) Delaware Road over Delaware Canal Bridge Replacement Project (MPMS #13342), Bucks County
b. TIP Action PA07-43: US 202 Interim Bridge Repair Project (Proposed New Project) (MPMS #80208), Chester County ($3,530,000)
c. TIP Action PA07-44: Point Pleasant Pike over Pennsylvania Canal Bridge Replacement (MPMS #13245), Bucks County ($1,500,000)
d. TIP Action PA07-45: Old Bethlehem Road over Cooks Creek Bridge Replacement project (MPMS #73009), Bucks County ($1,022,000)
e. TIP Action PA07-47: Upper Dublin Township Street improvement Project (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #74814), Montgomery County ($1,515,392)
f. TIP Action PA07-48a: North Delaware Avenue Extension/Bridesburg (MPMS #46956), Philadelphia ($10,000,000)
g. TIP Action PA07-48b: Frankford Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS # to be determined), Philadelphia ($1,250,000)
h. TIP Action PA07-48c: Schuylkill River Park Rail Crossings (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #74829), Philadelphia ($750,000)
i. TIP Action PA07-48d: Please Touch Museum (Proposed New DEMO Project) (MPMS #74825), Philadelphia ($1,625,000)
3. Fiscal Year 2008 DVRPC Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Interstate I-95/Columbus Boulevard Traffic Study (I-676 to I-76)
b. Route 38 Corridor Smart Growth Land Use and Transportation Plan in Burlington County, New Jersey
4. US 202, Section 700 Parkway: Proposed Revisions to the National Highway System (NHS)
In order to reflect changes in the classification of the future and existing US 202 highways, the US 202, Section 700 Parkway upon construction will be added to the National Highway System (NHS) and the existing section of US 202 will be removed from the NHS. According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) criteria, the Board is required to take action in support of the proposed changes.
5. Approval of FY 2007 Round 5 Project Selection for the Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) Program
Staff will present the recommended FY 2007 TCDI projects in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
6. Adoption of the Coordinated Human Services Transportation Plan (CHSTP)
Under the new Safe Accountable Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act-A Legacy Act for Users (SAFETEA-LU) regulations, the previous Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Program has now been made a component of a new CHSTP. Staff will present the new plan and required elements for adoption.
7. Adoption of the Revisions to the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
The Destination 2030 Long Range Plan was adopted under TEA-21. Staff has worked with federal, state and regional stakeholders to revise the Plan to meet the requirements of SAFETEA-LU and will present the highlights of the draft document for Board adoption.
8. Adoption of the Conformity Finding of the DVRPC Destination 2030 Long Range Plan, the FY 2008-2011 New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and the FY 2007-2010 Pennsylvania TIP
DVRPC is required to conduct a new conformity determination for the Plan and TIP due to: revisions to make the Long Range Plan SAFETEA-LU compliant; a new FY 2008 TIP for New Jersey; and updates to the FY 2007 TIP for Pennsylvania. Staff will present these findings for Board adoption.
9. Authorization to a Send Letter of Support for Increasing the Federal Limit of the Transit Benefit
Board authorization is being requested to send a letter to Congress in support of proposed legislation that includes raising the federal cap of the transit benefit to a level in parity with the current parking benefit.
10. Adoption of the DVRPC Regional Safety Action Plan
Staff will present the Regional Safety Action Plan for Board adoption.
11. Approval of Technical Corrections to the Highway Functional Classification System for Pennsylvania
The Board will be requested to approve PennDOT's request for technical corrections to the functional classification of roadways in three counties within the DVRPC region.
12. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC Meeting of May 16, 2007 will be reported to the Board.
13. Nominating Committee Report: Proposed Candidates for Fiscal Year 2008 DVRPC Board Officers
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the DVRPC Board for Fiscal Year 2008 (July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008). Elections will take place at the regular June Board meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
14. Executive Director' Report
a. DVRPC Annual Dinner
b. 2007 Regional Assembly in New York City
c. Chamber Day in Washington, D. C., May 9, 2007
d. Ozone Action Kickoff, May 10, 2007
e. New Jersey Garden State Preservation Trust Fund
f. Pennsylvania Transportation Funding
15 Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Land Use and Housing Committee - Mary Bell
16. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of April 26, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 2h, 2i, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for May 24, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of April 26, 2007
2. Nominating Committee Report: Proposed Candidates for Fiscal Year 2008 DVRPC Executive Committee
The Nominating Committee will report their recommended slate of officers to serve on the Executive Committee for Fiscal Year 2008 (July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008). Elections will take place at the regular June Board meeting at which time nominations may also be made from the floor.
(1) Minutes of Meeting of April 26, 2007
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab