The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 22, 2007
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action NJ07-16: Mercer County Reflective Pavement Markings/Roadway Safety Improvements, Mercer County
b. TIP Action PA07-34: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP (MPMS numbers 63492, 64494, 14296, 14492, and 14891), Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties
c. TIP Action PA07-35a: Route 322, Commodore Barry Bridge and I-95 2nd Street Interchange (MPMS #57780), Delaware County ($18.083 million)
d. TIP Action PA07-35c: US 202, TR 252 to US 30 (Section 300 Design) (MPMS #13945), Chester County ($275,000)
e. TIP Action PA07-35d: Gulph Road Over Trout Run Bridge Replacement (MPMS #57678), Chester County ($1,700,000)
f. TIP Action PA07-36: Whitemarsh Township Street Improvements (proposed new DEMO Project) (MPMS #74937/74816), Montgomery County ($1,840,000)
3. Benjamin Franklin Parkway Transportation Enhancement Project, City of Philadelphia
The Center City District (CCD) in conjunction with PennDOT, District 6-0 is requesting $750,000 from the Secretary's Transportation Enhancement Discretionary Funds for additional landscape enhancements of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The improvements for phase 2 include the creation of a new public plaza in the park that will accommodate a new Parkway Visitor's Information Center co-located with a café.
4. John F. Kennedy (JFK) Boulevard Clock Project, City of Philadelphia
The Schuylkill River Development Corporation (SRDC) in conjunction with PennDOT, District 6-0 is requesting $28,750 from the Secretary's Transportation Enhancement Discretionary Funds for the purchase and installation of a pedestal mounted clock. This project is located outside of Amtrak's 30th Street Train Station on the west side of the intersection of JFK Boulevard and Schuylkill Avenue in the City of Philadelphia.
5. DVRPC Fiscal Year 2007 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Princeton Junction Station Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
Staff will provide assistance and technical support to local governments for public outreach.
b. Dots and Dashes: Games Playing for Long Range Consensus Building
Staff will develop, implement, and assess the priority of regional transit projects and enhance outreach through a unique consensus-building planning exercise.
6. Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Relating to Transportation Planning Procedures
7. Adoption of Principles for Transportation Reform in Pennsylvania and Authorization for the Executive Director to Send a Letter to Legislators in Southeastern Pennsylvania
The Board will be requested to adopt the Principles for Transportation Reform in Pennsylvania prepared by the DVRPC staff which incorporates the recommendations and concerns of the Regional Transportation Committee. The Board will also be requested to authorize a letter to be sent to the Southeastern Pennsylvania legislators highlighting the need for action and to support them to reach a solution.
8. FY 2007 New Jersey Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) Grant Program
Staff will present the prioritized list of the New Jersey JARC projects for Rounds 8 and 9 of the FTA JARC Program.
9. Appointment of the Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2008 DVRPC Board Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer for Fiscal Year 2007 (July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008). The Chair for FY 2008 must be from New Jersey. The committee will report these candidates at the May Board Meeting and elections will take place at the June Board Meeting.
10. Executive Director' Report
a. American Planning Association (APA) Conference
b. Urban Land Institute (ULI) Infrastructure Forum
c. South Jersey Chamber Forum
d. Philadelphia Sustainability Awards
e. Congress for New Urbanism
f. DVRPC Annual Dinner
11. The Importance of the Northeast Corridor's Tributary Rail Lines
Richard Roberts, Chief Planner, New Jersey Transit will present to the Board the importance of the Northeast Corridor's Tributary Rail Lines, the need to maximize this transportation asset, the potential role that the commuter rail operators can play and how it can be compatible with AMTRAK's role.
12. The Role of Regional Agencies and Local Governments in Census 2010
Fernando E. Armstrong , Regional Director of the Philadelphia Region, Bureau of the Census will present to the Board the Local Update of Census Address (LUCA) Program which allows counties and local governments to use local knowledge and resources to review the census address list for the region. Mr. Armstrong will also discuss DVRPC's role in Census 2010.
13. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Information Resource Exchange Group - Joseph Fazekas
c. Goods Movement Task Force - Ted Dahlburg
14. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of March 22, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5a, 5b, 6, 7, and 8).
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for April 26, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 22, 2007
2. Contract Authorization: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technical Assistance
3. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2008 DVRPC Executive Committee Officers
4. FY 2007 Planning Work Program Third Quarter Report
(1) Minutes of Meeting of March 22, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summery Sheet Action Item 2)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab