The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
BOARD FY 2007 WORK PROGRAM
preceding Board Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
All Board Members and Alternates
are invited to attend.
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell will meet with the DVRPC Board to discuss his recent proposal to fund highways, bridges, and transit in Pennsylvania. Following the analysis and recommendations of the Pennsylvania Transportation Funding and Reform Commission, Governor Rendell has offered a proposal to secure $900 million annually for highways and bridges and $760 million annually for transit as proposed by the Commission. As much as $965 million per year could be raised through a long-term lease of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and approximately $760 million could be raised each year through a new oil company gross profits tax.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 22, 2007
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action NJ07-11: Tomlin Station Road Bridges Over Nehonsey Brook and White Sluice Race (DB #D038), Gloucester County
b. TIP Action NJ07-12: CR 533 Hamilton Township, Mercer County Signal Project (Proposed New Study and Development Project, DB # to be determined), Mercer County
c. TIP Action PA07-27: Montgomery Avenue / Conshohocken State Road Closed Loop Signal Improvement (MPMS #48180), Montgomery County
d. TIP Action PA07-28: Villanova Intermodal Station Accessibility (Proposed New DEMO Project, MPMS #15407), SEPTA
e. TIP Action PA07-29: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP, (MPMS #57894, 70014, 17697, 57893, 62717, 17652, 17659, 16334, 48187, 57635, and 57901), Philadelphia, Montgomery, and Bucks Counties
f. TIP Action PA07-30: Center City Traffic System Signal Improvement (MPMS #17655), Philadelphia
g. TIP Action PA07-31: Easton Road Closed Loop Signal System (MPMS #61061), Bucks and Montgomery Counties
h. TIP Action PA07-32: I-476, Schuylkill River Bridge Rehabilitation (MPMS #77523), Philadelphia
3. Authorization to Open Public Comment Period for the Draft Revisions to the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan (LRP); the Draft FY 2008-2011 New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP); and the Draft Conformity Finding of the FY 2007 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2008 New Jersey TIP, and the Destination 2030 LRP
Board approval is needed to open a minimum 30-day public comment period for the public and other agencies to allow comment on the draft revisions to the Destination 2030 LRP; the Draft FY 2008-2011 New Jersey TIP; and the Draft Conformity Determination of the FY 2007 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2008 New Jersey TIP, and the revised Destination 2030 LRP.
4. Authorization to Open Public Comment Period for the Draft Coordinated Human Service and Transportation Plan (CHSTP) - Improving Access to Opportunities in the Delaware Valley Region
Board approval is needed to open a 30-day public comment period for comments on the draft CHSTP prior to the Plan adoption.
5. Approval for a Transportation Community and System Preservation (TCSP) Grant Application for Historic Trolley and Routes through Older Suburbs: A Plan for Revitalization
This Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Transportation, Community, and System Preservation (TCSP) grant application is to address coordinated multi-municipal planning along the Routes 101 and 102 trolley lines in Delaware County. The intention of the project is to develop coordinated land use and transportation strategies to reinforce both trolley ridership and community/economic development.
6. Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) Funding Request in Montgomery County
PENNVEST has submitted a funding application request in Montgomery County for the Norristown Municipal Waste Authority Inflow and Infiltration Reduction Project.
7. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of February 13, 2007 will be reported to the Board.
8. Executive Director's Report
a. Northeast Climate and Competitiveness Summit
b. Delaware River Design Charrette
c. Pennsylvania Transportation Legislators Briefing
d. New Jersey TransAction
e. American Planning Association Conference
f. Urban Land Institute Infrastructure Forum
g. DVRPC Annual Dinner Awardees
9. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b Information Resource Exchange Group - Joseph Fazekas
c. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
d. Central New Jersey Forum - Donald S. Shanis
10. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of February 22, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 2h, 3, 4, 5, and 6).
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for March 22, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 22, 2007
2. Approval for DVRPC to Open a New Bank Account with Bank of America for TransitChek Transactions
(1) Minutes of Meeting of February 22, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Item 2)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab