The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
BOARD FY 2007 WORK PROGRAM
preceding Board Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
All Board Members and Alternates
are invited to attend.
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIRMAN'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 25, 2007
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
a. TIP Action PA07-23: Chestnut Hill Parking Lot Rehabilitation (Proposed New DEMO Project), City of Philadelphia ($247,500)
b. TIP Action PA07-24: Deferrals Resulting in Technical Deletions from the TIP, (Multiple Projects), Various Counties
c. TIP Action PA07-25b: Closed Loop Traffic Signal System - State Road from Route 3/West Chester Pike to US 1/Township Line Road (MPMS #57756), Delaware County ($1.2M)
d. TIP Action PA07-25c: US 202, Township Line Road to Morris Road (Section 61N), (MPMS #63490), Montgomery County ($13M)
e. TIP Action NJ07-08: Gloucester County Guide Rail Safety Project (DB #D0411), Gloucester County ($570,000)
f. TIP Action NJ07-09: CR 571/Princeton Hightstown Road (Local Scoping Project, (DB number to be determined), Mercer County ($300,000)
3. Pennsylvania Regional Safety Initiative Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY07 TIP (MPMS #57927), Chester County and City of Philadelphia
The Pennsylvania Regional Safety Initiatives Program in the Pennsylvania FY07 TIP makes funding available for projects in the DVRPC region for hazard elimination treatments at locations across the five county region. Three specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program.
4. Pennsylvania District Roundabouts Incentive Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY07 TIP (MPMS #76173), Bucks and Chester Counties
The Pennsylvania District Roundabouts Incentive Program in the Pennsylvania FY07 TIP makes pilot funding available for projects in the DVRPC region to provide for the implementation of low cost roundabouts where they would be appropriate to solve problematic road intersections. Two specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program.
5. Pennsylvania District Bridge Design Program Project Selection for Inclusion in the FY 07 TIP (MPMS #75767), Various Counties
The Pennsylvania District Bridge Design Program in the Pennsylvania FY07 TIP makes design funding available for projects in the DVRPC region for the repair or replacement of structurally deficient State and Local bridges in the DVRPC region. Several specific projects have been identified and will be recommended for funding through this program.
6. Amendment to the New Jersey Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Procedures to Amend or Modify the Transportation Improvement Program
As required by federal regulations, an element of the TIPs for both Pennsylvania and New Jersey is the MOU on Procedures to Amend or Modify the TIP. These agreements are amended from time to time to provide for improved and streamlined processes for making changes to the TIP. The New Jersey MOU is being presented for changes that relate to project reporting and information, cost thresholds for Administrative Actions, and SAFETEA-LU compliance.
7. Fiscal Year 2008 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Child Passenger Safety Program, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
b. Princeton Junction Station Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
8. Adoption of the Conformity Finding Reaffirmation of the DVRPC FY 2007 TIPs for New Jersey and Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan (LRP)
Staff will present for Board adoption their findings and recommendations for the reaffirmation of the Conformity Determination.
9. Approval of the FY 2008 PennDOT Transportation Management Association (TMA) Assistance Grant Program Work Programs
Staff will present PennDOT's TMA Assistance Grant Program Work Programs for Board approval.
10. Approval of the FY 2008 Mobility Alternatives Program (MAP) Work Programs
Staff will present the FY 2008 Mobility Alternatives Program Work Programs for Board approval.
11. Regional Safety Action Plan
Staff will present the Regional Safety Action Plan which focuses on reducing crashes and fatalities on our regional roadway system. It provides a roadmap for effective cooperation, collaboration and coordination among safety professionals and stakeholders throughout the region for the purpose of saving lives. It also helps to maintain DVRPC's focus on transportation safety planning.
12. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities of the RCC meeting of February 13, 2007 will be reported to the Board.
13. Executive Director's Report
a. Governor Rendell's Proposed Transportation Funding Plan
b. Strategies for Older Suburbs Community Marketing Initiative
c. Route 100 Safety Press Conference
d. Regional Plan Association Northeast Summit
e. Montgomery County Greenhouse Gas Reduction Task Force
f. American Planning Association National Conference
g. DVRPC Annual Dinner
14. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
15. One Minute Reports
Board Members and alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of January 25, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7a, 7b, 8, 9, and 10).
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for February 22, 2007
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS *
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 25, 2007
2. Approval for DVRPC to Open a New Bank Account with Bank of America for TransitChek Transactions
3. Adoption of the DVRPC Fiscal Year 2008 Budget
(1) Minutes of Meeting of January 25, 2007
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Item 2, and 3)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Arijit De
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: Larry M. King
PA Governor's Appointee: Richard W. Hayden, Esq.
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab