The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of July 25, 2013
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-47: Local Bridge Line Item, (MPMS# 95447), Various Counties
- PA13-48: Chester County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Chester County
- PA13-49: Montgomery County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Montgomery County
- PA13-50: Approval of Automated Red-Light Enforcement (ARLE) Round 2 (2012 funding) Projects (Various MPMS#’s), Various Counties
- PA13-51: Galloway Road, (MPMS# 57617) Bucks County
- PA13-52: State of Good Repair, (MPMS# 77180) SEPTA
DVRPC adopted the Draft FY2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey with Recommended Changes on July 25, 2013. Additional changes to the program have been identified and should be incorporated into the final document.
Staff will present a recommendation for adoption: a new Memorandum of Understanding among New Jersey Transit, NJDOT, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, DVRPC, and the South Jersey Transportation Planning Organization, which provides the general parameters of the exchange of program funds among agencies. The Program Exchange for DVRPC entails exchanging State TTF funds for a an equal portion of DVRPC’s STP-STU federal funds and will be in effect for federal and state fiscal years 2014 through 2018
5. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the Board to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
- Montgomery County Bridges – Traffic Counts
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Update
- Rooftop Solar Challenge: Solar Ready Partnership
Staff will present the recommended slate of five recommended New Freedom projects for the FY2015 Pennsylvania selection round.
In 2011, the William Penn Foundation provided DVRPC with $10 million to promote trail development in Greater Philadelphia through direct grants and technical assistance. Two grant rounds have been completed, awarding a total of $5,778,000 to 30 trail planning, design, and construction projects throughout the region. Staff will recommend additional projects for funding through a third grant round that will expend remaining program funds and request a recommendation to the DVRPC Board for funding approval.
PENNVEST is an independent agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which provides funding for drinking water, wastewater treatment, stormwater management and brownfield assessments and remediation projects. The program provides grants and long-term loans through a revolving loan fund to eligible entities. DVRPC reviews PENNVEST applications for consistency with our long-range plan.
9. Fiscal Year 2015 Work Program Development
A schedule and information regarding the development and funding of the FY2015 Work Program will be discussed.
10. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
11. 50-Year History/Timeline of Agency Activities
DVRPC's Director of Planning, Richard Bickel, will present an overview and summary of the diverse and changing activities of the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) from its creation in 1965 to its pending 50-year anniversary in 2015.
12. Executive Director's Report
- Board Survey Results
- Board Retreat and Annual Awards
- Pennsylvania Transportation Funding
- Long-Range Plan Outreach
- Classic Towns Tour in Chester County
- I-95 Coordination with PennDOT
- Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance Event
- Board Committee Assignments for FY2014
- GVFTMA Award
13. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Public Participation Task Force
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of July 25, 2013
- Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 3, 4, 5a, 5b, 5c, 6, 7, 8, and 9)
- FY15 Work Program Schedule