The DVRPC Board
(Lunch will be served following the meeting)
* Please park at the National Constitution Parking Garage
(Parking is also still available at the Bourse Garage
for Board Members and Alternates)
A list of attendees will be given
to the Security Guard in the Main Lobby
Upon arrival, please check in with the Guard for a visitor badge
then proceed to the 8th floor DVRPC Conference Room
CALL TO ORDER B CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2008
2. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions a. NJ08-07
a: Jacksonville-Jobstown Road, Bridge over Branch of the Assicunk Creek (MPMS #D0805), Burlington County
b. NJ08-07b: Bispham Street Bridge over Rancocas Creek (MPMS #D0806), Burlington County
3. Destination 2030 Long-Range Plan Amendments
DVRPC is proposing two amendments to the set of transportation investments included in the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan. The amendments are required to ensure consistency between the Long Range Plan and the Draft FY 2009-2012 TIP for New Jersey. The two proposed amendments are:
a. Route 322, Mullica Hill Bypass, Gloucester County
b. Route 70, Route 38 to Marlton Circle, Burlington and Camden Counties
4. Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2009 TIP's for New Jersey and for Pennsylvania and the Destination 2030 Long Range Plan
Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination for Board action.
5. Adoption of the DVRPC Fiscal Year 2009 TIP for New Jersey and for Pennsylvania
Staff will present an overview of the comments, and recommended changes for the DVRPC FY 2009 TIP for New Jersey and Pennsylvania for Board action.
6. Fiscal Year 2009 Planning Work Program Amendments
a. Bicycle/Bus Conflict Area Study
b. US 202, Section 100 Traffic Study, Supplement Number 3
7. DVRPC Annual Self-Certification of the Regional Transportation Planning Process
Federal regulations require that the Metropolitan Planning Organization self-certify that the Regional Transportation Planning Process is carried out in conformance with applicable federal regulations. Staff will present its recommendations for board approval.
8. Election of Fiscal Year 2009 Board Officers
Elections will take place for DVRPC Board Officers for Fiscal year 2009 (July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009). Nominations may also be made from the floor at this time.
9. Proposed Amendment to the Tri-County Water Quality Management Plan: Sequoia Transition School, Tabernacle Township Public Safety Building, and Kenneth R. Olson Middle School, Tabernacle Township, Burlington County
10. Election of New Jersey and Pennsylvania County Representatives to Serve on the Executive Committee for FY 2009
a. Results of New Jersey Caucus
b. Results of Pennsylvania Caucus
11. Delaware County's Revitalization Program: A Restrospective and Prospective Overview
The Delaware County Council established the Revitalization Program in 2002 to help the county's first generation suburbs again become attractive, livable, and economically viable through a process of strategic planning and financial assistance targeted to stabilizing and rebuilding the areas of these communities with the greatest need. John Pickett, Director, Delaware County Planning Department, will present to the Board the planning and initial implementation phases of the program, summarize the key accomplishments to date, and explain the program reassessment currently taking place.
12. Demographic Trends and Forecasts in the Philadelphia Region
Staff will present the findings of a report prepared by DVRPC for the Philadelphia Cultural Management Initiative (PCMI) which will assist PCMI in providing the region's non-profit arts and cultural organizations with insight as to how to adapt their future products, communications, and outreach in order to broaden, deepen and diversify their audiences.
13. Regional Citizens Committee (RCC) Report
The activities from the RCC Meeting of June 17, 2008 will be reported to the Board.
14. Executive Director's Report
a. Local Transportation Funding Options
b. Land Use, Transportation and Economic Development
c. PlanSmart New Jersey Conference
d. Mayor Nutter's Vision for Planning in Philadelphia
e. DVRPC Board Retreat
15. Committee Reports
a. Planning Coordinating Committee/ Regional Transportation Committee - Donald S. Shanis
b. Land Use and Housing Committee - Mary Bell
c. Regional Aviation Committee - Roger Moog
16. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
(1) Minutes of meeting of May 22, 2008
(2) Commissioner Summary Sheets (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6a, 6b, 7, 8, and 9)
(3) PCC/RTC Recommendations for June 26, 2008
DELAWARE VALLEY REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday June 26, 2008
Immediately following Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION ITEMS **
1. Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2008
2. Election of DVRPC Executive Committee Officers for Fiscal Year 2009 (Barry Seymour)
Elections will take place for the Executive Committee officers for Fiscal Year 2009. Nominations may also be taken from the floor at this time.
(1) Minutes of Meeting of May 22, 2008
(2) Commissioner's Summary Sheets (Action Item 2 and 3)
* Voting Members:
NJ Dept. Of Community Affairs: Joyce Paul
NJ Dept. Of Transportation: Brent Barnes
NJ Governor's Appointee: Sonia Frontera
NJ Counties: Jerald R. Cureton, Esq.
City of Camden: Edward Williams
PA Governor's Policy Office: Joanne Denworth
PA Dept. of Transportation: James Ritzman
PA Governor's Appointee: David Mandelbaum
PA Counties: Carol Aichele
City of Philadelphia: Gary Jastrzab