The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of February 28, 2013
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-22: Transit and Regional Rail Station Program, (MPMS# 77183), SEPTA
- PA13-23: Expressway Service Patrol - Suburban Counties (2013-2016), (MPMS# 92182), PennDOT
- PA13-24: Sedgley Avenue Bridge over Conrail (DB# TBD), City of Philadelphia
- NJ12-56: Burlington County Roadway Traffic Signal Upgrade and System Interconnect (DB# D1303), Burlington County
- NJ12-57: Burlington County Roadway Safety Improvements (DB# D0302), Burlington County
- NJ12-58: Ben Franklin Bridge Walkway Cameras and Call Stations (DB# D1304), DRPA/PATCO
- NJ12-59: Paratransit Vehicles (Various DB#s), Various Counties –
Camden County Bus Purchase (DB #D0601)
Mercer County Bus Purchase (DB #D1011)
3. Fiscal Year 2013 Planning Work Program Amendments
- Glassboro – Camden Line Ridership Forecast
- Philadelphia Food Funders Strategic Plan and Funding Scan
The Census Bureau recently completed its update of Urbanized Areas based on the 2010 Census. FHWA allows the states, in cooperation with regional and local governments, to adjust (expand) the urbanized areas. The Adjusted Urbanized Area is used to determine the Federal Functional Classification of roadways. Eligibility for some Federal transportation programs is based in part on the Federal Functional Class. Staff will brief the Board on DVRPC’s proposed adjustments to the Urbanized Area and ask for Board approval.
Because portions of the Pottstown and Allentown Urbanized Areas extend across MPO boundaries, DVRPC has maintained Memorandums of Understanding with LVPC and RATS regarding the transportation planning and programming responsibilities for these Urbanized Areas. These MOUs are updated every 10 years following the definition of new Urbanized Areas by the Census Bureau. Staff will brief the Board on the updated MOUs and ask for Board approval.
The six Pennsylvania TMAs in the DVRPC Region submitted draft work programs for review by the TMA Policy Committee, which met on February 7, 2013. The review period on these work programs concluded on February 15, 2013. Work programs have been revised are now ready for Board approval. Staff will brief the Board on the overall program and present summaries of work programs.
For FY14 there are seven applications for funding under the Mobility Alternatives Program, the DVRPC-managed effort for TDM outreach and education about alternatives to SOV travel to employers and commuters. These work programs were reviewed by the DVRPC’s TMA Policy Committee and are ready for full Board approval. Staff will present an overview.
8. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
9. Data Snapshots Series: Immigration in Greater Philadelphia
Staff will present a Data Snapshot that examines the foreign-born population in Greater Philadelphia, which has grown and changed rapidly since 1990. Greater Philadelphia's population is becoming more diverse, and immigration has helped many communities in the region replenish population losses.
10. Executive Director's Report
- Pennsylvania Transportation Funding Proposal - status
- Policy Analysis Committee - report
- Region on the Rise – April 3
- Delaware Valley Smart Growth Alliance – April 5
- NJ TransAction – April 17-19
- Bike and Pedestrian Summit – April 30
- National Association of Regional Councils – June 23-26
11. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Information Resources Exchange Group
- Regional Safety Task Force
- Transportation Operations Task Force
- Public Participation Task Force
- Regional Aviation Committee
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of February 28, 2013
- Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f, 2g, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6, and 7)
- Glassboro – Camden Line Ridership Forecast Project Description
- Developing the FHWA 2010 Adjusted Urban Boundary map
- MOU: DVRPC-LVTS
- MOU: DVRPC-RATS
- 2010 Census Urban Areas map