Regional Technical Committee Agenda
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order – Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Planning Director’s Report
3. Public Comments on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items
4. Highlights of the Meeting of July 8, 2014
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
The dynamic nature of funding transportation improvements and the need to remain within financial constraint require amendments or modifications to the TIP. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2013 TIP for PA and the FY2014 TIP for NJ.
- NJ14-31: Rt. 42 Bridges over Blackwood Railroad Trail, (DB# 12313), Camden County – Add a Graduate SD/Proposed Project
- NJ14-39: Riverton Road (CR 603) and Branch Pike (CR 606) Roundabout, (DB# D1409), Burlington County – Add a Proposed New Project
- PA13-89: Bucks County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Bucks County – Add Proposed New Projects to the TIP/ Delete a Project from the TIP
- PA15-01: Main St o/Br Perkiomen Cr (Bridge), (MPMS #92741), Bucks County – Federalize
6. TCDI Project Selections
DVRPC staff solicited new applicants for the FY 2015 Transportation and Community Development Initiative (TCDI) Grant Program. Staff will present the application process and recommended list of projects for funding.
7. Fiscal Year 2015 Planning Work Program Amendments
To respond to the needs of member governments and agencies, work program changes and additions are brought to the RTC to permit the timely undertaking of technical activity.
Camden Food Economy Strategy Implementation
This project, funded partially by the Campbell Soup Company, is a follow-up to the two-year Camden Food Economy Strategy project. This project will allow for more in-depth distribution and dissemination of the published report (currently in draft form) and provide technical assistance to various public and private sector stakeholders in Camden City to implement recommendations.
8. Investing in People and Places: Greater Philadelphia’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
Investing in People and Places was developed to satisfy the federal requirement for a comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for the Greater Philadelphia region, and will serve as the required five-year revision of the regional CEDS originally adopted by the U.S. EDA in 2009. The CEDS provides background information on regional demographic and economic characteristics; identifies regional strengths, challenges, and opportunities; and identifies regional economic development goals and objectives. The document also includes a list of key regional economic development projects, which is periodically amended as necessary. A public comment period is being held from August 20, 2014 through September 19, 2014. Staff will present information on the CEDS and request that the RTC recommend its adoption by the DVRPC Board.
9. RTC Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2015
A set of proposed meeting dates for the RTC for calendar year 2015 will be submitted to the committee for its consideration.
10. Interstate Redesignation Signing PA Turnpike/I-95 Interchange Project
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC), in cooperation with PENNDOT, NJDOT, NJTA and the FHWA Division Offices from both states, seeks to revisit the redesignation scheme for the PA Turnpike/I-95 Interchange project. Consensus on the preferred alternative has changed to an option implementing a new interstate route (I-395). The collective entities are seeking DVRPC concurrence on this new scheme.
11. FY16 UPWP Development Workshop
12. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies
13. Old Business and New Business
14. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is October 7, 2014.
- Highlights of the July 8, 2014 RTC Meeting
- TIP Actions, September 2014
- TCDI Project Selections
- Work Program Amendment: Camden Food Economy Implementation
- Investing in People and Places: Greater Philadelphia’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- RTC Meeting Dates for Fiscal Year 2015
- I-95/PA Turnpike Redesignation Briefing Sheet
- FY16 UPWP Development Workshop Agenda
- FY16 UPWP Schedule
- FY16 UPWP Staff Ideas
- Board highlights – July 2014