Regional Technical Committee
A light lunch will be available
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman's Comments
2. Report on Board Activities
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of July 8, 2003
5. DVRPC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for the State Departments of Transportation (DOT's) and/or transit operators to amend the TIP. Two amendments have been submitted for consideration.
a. TIP Action PA03-33: Route 202 Section 300 and Section 400 Transit Related Congestion Mitigation Strategies, (CMS), Chester County (Tentative)
b. TIP Action NJ04-01: Route 295/38 Missing Moves, Mount Laurel (DB #191A), Burlington County
6. Fiscal Year 2004 Planning Work Program Amendment
During the course of the fiscal year, it becomes necessary for DVRPC to amend the Work Program. One amendment has been submitted for consideration.
a. FY 2004 Work Program Amendment - PA 113 Heritage Corridor
Amend the DVRPC's FY 2004 Work Program to include PA 113 Heritage Corridor - Transportation/Land Use Study. This study will be performed by a consultant along with DVRPC staff, the project Sponsor Regional Improvement Consortium, Bucks and Montgomery counties.
7. Planning at the Edge
In FY 2003, DVRPC coordinated with the six MPOs that border the nine-county region to determine mutual plans, issues and projects that cross regional
boundaries. Through a study advisory committee, including DVRPC's county member governments, examples of successful inter-regional coordination activities were reviewed, as well as techniques to enhance communication, coordination and cooperation. Rich Bickel will summarize the project's final report and the study process.
8. Mifflin Trail
The National Park Service, through its Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program, has recently released a feasibility study for a bicycle and pedestrian trail loop through southwest Philadelphia and Tinicum Township, Delaware County, linking several important historic sites, the Heinz Wildlife Refuge, the Delaware River and the airport. Mr. Robert Thomas, partner in the design firm Campbell, Thomas and Company which produced the study, will describe the project, the outcome of the feasibility study, and implementation.
9. South Jersey Port Inland Distribution Network Study
Marlin Peterson of DMJM & Harris will present the results of a feasibility assessment for establishing a Port Inland Distribution Network feeder port facility in South Jersey. This work has been performed with the participation of DVRPC, the Delaware River Port Authority, the South Jersey Port Corporation, and other planning partners.
10. Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission Public Hearing
The Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission (STC) will conduct a public hearing in Philadelphia on September 26 to gather public input to develop the next update of the Twelve-Year Program and the region's Transportation Improvement Program. These documents show which highway and bridge projects will advance to design and construction.
11. Development of the Fiscal Year 2005 Planning Work Program
12. Fourth Quarter, FY 2003 Mobility Alternatives Program Performance Report
13. DVPRC Comments on Pennsylvania Recommendation for Eight Hour Ozone Nonattainment Area
14. Transportation Enhancement Program
15. Old Business and New Business
16. One Minute Reports
RTC Members and guests are invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
17. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the RTC is October 7, 2003.
1. Highlights of the July 2003 RTC Meeting
2. TIP Actions, August 2003
3. Work Program - PA 113 Heritage Corridor
4. Proposed RTC2004 Mailing Dates
5. Calendar of Events for September 2003