Regional Technical Committee
Note: Coffee will be available at 9:30 a.m. and a light lunch will be served following the meeting.
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
1. Call to Order - Chairman’s Comments
2. Deputy Executive Director’s Report
3. Report on Regional Citizens Committee Activities
4. Highlights of the Meeting of June 7, 2011
5. The following projects require formal TIP Amendments or Modifications this month for the FY2011 TIP for PA and the FY2010 TIP for NJ.
- PA11-35: Vine Street Expressway Bridges (MPMS# 80054), Philadelphia County - Cost Increase
- PA11-36: US 422 Expressway Reconstruction, Section M1A/Armand Hammer Boulevard over Schuylkill River (MPMS# 64222), Chester County - Cost Increase
- PA11-37: Philadelphia Traffic Operations Center (MPMS# 93106), Philadelphia County - Proposed New Project
- NJ10-71: Camden Waterfront Roads, Phase Two (DB #TBD), Camden County - Proposed New Project
6. Adoption of the DVRPC FY2012-2015 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for New Jersey
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. For the DVRPC Draft FY2013 TIP for NJ, staff will present an overview of the program, comments received to date during the public comment period, any recommended changes, and will ask the PCC/RTC to recommend the Board approve final adoption.
7. Recommendation for Adoption of Conformity Determination of the FY 2011 - 2014 TIP for Pennsylvania, FY 2012-2015 TIP for New Jersey and the Connections Long-Range Plan
DVRPC has demonstrated Transportation Conformity for the FY 2011 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2012 New Jersey TIP and Connections Long-Range Plan. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request that the RTC recommend that the DVRPC Board adopt the findings at the July Board meeting.
8. Update on Regional Transit Projects
Joseph Hacker and Greg Krykewycz will update the committee on transit projects completed in FY2011, transit projects ongoing, and transit work programmed for 2012. This update will be in lieu of a Regional Transit Advisory Committee (RTAC) meeting.
9. City of Camden Parking Study
This presentation will report on the recently completed parking demand study in the City of Camden, NJ. Recommendations were developed on ways to utilize existing parking stock more efficiently and to accommodate future demand.
10. One Minute Reports
PCC/RTC Members and guests will be invited to provide updates on the activities of their agencies.
11. Old Business and New Business
12. Meeting Adjournment
The next scheduled meeting of the PCC/RTC is Tuesday, September 6, 2011.
- Minutes of the June 15, 2011 RCC Meeting
- Highlights of the June 7, 2011 RTC Meeting
- July TIP Amendments
- Memo on TIP Adoption
- Public Comments On Draft FY 2012 TIP for NJ