Central Jersey Transportation Forum
Friday, July 16, 2010
9:00 - 11:30 AM
South Brunswick Public Works Building
540 Ridge Road
Monmouth Junction, NJ
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Approval of March Meeting Summary
3. A Few Comments on the New Budget and Status of Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Key facts that all Forum members will want to be clear on to be effective
4. Results of Survey
An online survey was conducted of Forum members. There will be a brief presentation of the findings, which have been distributed by e-mail and are in the folders.
5. Proposal to Make the Forum More Effective
A small representative group of Forum members met on June 30th to develop concrete recommendations to increase the Forum's impact. Participants will share the work group's ideas with the full Forum for discussion and potential adoption.
6. Route 1 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Updates
NJ Transit will provide a brief update on the early phases of the Route 1 BRT.
7. Route 1 Regional Growth Strategy (Rt1RGS) Update
The NJDOT Rt1RGS Report was distributed in advance of the meeting. All materials are available at http://policy.rutgers.edu/vtc/rgs. NJDOT will lead a discussion of next steps.
8. Brief Updates
a. Middlesex County Transit Successes
b. Highlights from Charrette for Mercer County Long-Range Strategic Bus Plan
Forum attendees are encouraged to highlight major activities since the last meeting to facilitate the exchange of information.