The DVRPC Board
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of March 27, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-70: Congested Corridor Program Statewide Funding, (Various MPMS#s) Various Counties
- PA13-71: Vehicle Overhaul Program, (MPMS# 60582) SEPTA
- NJ14-22: Signs Program, Statewide, (DB# X39) Various Counties
3. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
- NEC FUTURE – DVRPC Forecasting Work
DVRPC will provide travel forecasts for the NEC FUTURE project, Amtrak’s Northeast corridor, in an effort to enhance regional and mega-region mobility. DVRPC may perform all or part of the tasks, at the discretion of the NEC FUTURE team.
4. Appointment of Nominating Committee for Fiscal Year 2015 DVRPC Board Officers
A Nominating Committee will be selected to appoint candidates for Board Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer for Fiscal Year 2015 (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015). The Chair for FY 2015 must be from Pennsylvania. The committee will report these candidates at the May Board Meeting and elections will take place at the June Board Meeting.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. Update on ongoing DVRPC transit planning and ridership forecasting work
Staff will update the Board on the status of major transit planning and ridership forecasting projects being conducted by DVRPC during the current fiscal year, and also highlight select upcoming projects.
7. 2010 Employment Centers Study and Regional Economic Cluster Analysis
DVRPC is currently in the process of updating Greater Philadelphia’s regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), as required by the U.S. Economic Development Administration every five years. In this presentation, staff will present two studies that will serve as background for the CEDS update. The first identifies and describes employment centers in the nine-county DVRPC region, defined as integrated, concentrated areas of non-residential development that share transportation and land use linkages. The second discusses regional economic clusters, based on the method and definitions advanced by the U.S. Cluster Mapping Project.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Investing in People and Places forums
- Planning and Public Health forum
- FHWA Performance Measures workshop
- Rail Users Network conference
- Atlanta region visit to Philadelphia
- Bike counts and survey
- Transit Revitalization Investment District amendments
- Board Policy Analysis Committee meeting
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of March 27, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, and 3)