The DVRPC Board Agenda
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of January 23, 2014
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ14-13: Burlington County ATMS Upgrade & CR 656 DMS Deployment, (DB# D1401)
- NJ14-14: Reconstruction of Grove Street (CR 644), (DB# D1402)
- NJ14-15: Resurfacing and Safety Improvements on Tuckahoe Road (CR 557), (DB# D1403)
- NJ14-16: Resurfacing and Safety Improvements on Woodbury-Glassboro Road (CR 553), (DB# D1404)
3. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
- William Penn Foundation Grant to Provide Technical Assistance for The Circuit
William Penn Foundation has awarded DVRPC a grant to provide technical assistance to trail managers, builders, and advocates for planning, design, construction, and funding of Circuit Trails.
To help inform the selection process for new projects to be included in the DVRPC PA and NJ Transportation Improvement Programs, DVRPC has been working with its planning partners to update the region’s Project Evaluation Criteria for new projects. The proposed universal benefit criteria can be used for projects in both PA and NJ, and for both transit and highway projects. This effort will consider non-major roadway, transit, bike/pedestrian, preservation, operational improvement, freight, and other project types. A working subcommittee of the RTC (PA and NJ members) has identified and weighted nine main benefit criteria: Facility/Asset Condition, Safety, Investment in Centers, Congestion Reduction, Facility/Asset Use, Economic Competitiveness, Multi-modal Bike/Ped Impact, Environmental Justice, and Green Design/Air Quality.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. RIMIS Deployment Update
DVRPC’s Regional Integrated Multi-modal Information Sharing (RIMIS) system is proving to be a great tool for local emergency responders in the region and our operating agency partners in their battle against highway incidents and traffic congestion. Staff will provide an update on how this system is being used and which agencies are currently using it in their daily operations.
7. Retail Strategies Report
Through the Strategies for Older Suburbs work program, staff compiled information about 71 suburban downtown retail districts in an effort to learn what elements were common among successful older suburban retail districts. Staff will present the methodology and findings of the Revitalizing Downtown Retail Districts Study.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Transportation Alternatives Program
- Circuit Rider for Energy Efficiency
- NARC Policy Conference
- CEDS Update Forums
- TCDI call for proposals
- Older Suburbs Forum
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Central Jersey Transportation Forum
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of January 23, 2014
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 3a, and 4)