The DVRPC Board Agenda
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of June 27, 2013
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- PA13-41: Montgomery County Act 13 Local Bridges, (Various MPMS#s), Montgomery County
- PA13-42: Ellis Town Center, (MPMS# 96946), Delaware County
- PA13-43: Speakman’s Covered Bridge/Frog Hollow Road, (MPMS# 14200), Chester County
- NJ12-75: Sign Structure Replacement Contract 2011-1 (DB# 11427), Camden and Mercer Counties
- NJ12-76: Rail Rolling Stock Procurement (DB #T112), NJ TRANSIT
DVRPC has demonstrated Transportation Conformity for the FY 2013 Pennsylvania TIP, FY 2014 New Jersey TIP, and Connections 2040 Long-Range Plan. This demonstration is necessitated by a new New Jersey TIP and Long-Range Plan, and the addition of regionally significant, nonexempt projects to the FY 2013 Pennsylvania TIP. Staff will present the results of the Transportation Conformity Determination and request adoption by the Board.
Federal law and planning regulations require the development of a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in order for the metropolitan region to be eligible to receive and spend federal transportation funds. The creation of the TIP is to be done by the MPO in cooperation with the state(s) and transit operators, and must provide opportunity for input and comment by the public. A 30-day comment period must be conducted prior to a formal action to adopt the TIP. DVRPC undertakes a major TIP Update every year for either the Pennsylvania portion of the region, or the New Jersey portion of the region; at this time, the PA and NJ TIPs are updated on alternating years. Staff is presenting the Draft DVRPC FY2014 TIP for New Jersey and recommending Board adoption.
The Connections 2040 Plan is the four-year update to the regional Long-Range Plan. It has been developed with member governments and agencies, regional stakeholder groups, and the public and outlines a vision for the future growth and development of the region. The Plan also identifies policies and strategies to achieve that vision and prioritizes the transportation investments that the region will be able to move forward by 2040. Staff will review comments received during the 30-day public comment period and request a recommendation to the Board for adoption.
6. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
7. Executive Director's Report
- STC and Public Participation
- Strategic Planning Workshop
- Public Records Disclosure Policy
- PA Democratic Policy Committee
- RideEco Update
8. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of June 27, 2013
- Commissioner Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 3, 4, and 5)