The DVRPC Board
Thursday, January 23, 2014
The ACP Building - 8th Floor
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106
For directions Call (215) 592-1800
Please Use Sixth Street Entrance
WINTER WEATHER ALERT:
If snow or icing occurs on this day, call DVRPC at (215) 592-1800 to confirm if the meeting will be held.
CALL TO ORDER - CHAIR'S COMMENTS
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA and NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Pennsylvania State Transportation Commission – Frederic Wentz
NOTE: Visitors may view details and leave comments on any Action Item below by clicking on the hyperlinked title.
1. Minutes of Meeting of December 12, 2013
2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Actions
- NJ14-09: Mercer County Signal Project, CR 533, (DB# D0702) Mercer County
- PA13-62: I-95/Turnpike Interchange Section D10, (MPMS# 95439) Bucks County
3. Fiscal Year 2014 Planning Work Program Amendment
- I-95 Planning Assistance
The Draft Planning Work Program for FY 2015 was approved by the Board for distribution and review, with the public comment period closing on January 13, 2014. DVRPC staff have responded to comments that have been received and have worked to resolve any open issues. After Board adoption, relevant revisions will continue to be incorporated into the Work Program and the final document will be produced.
5. One Minute Reports
Board Members and Alternates are invited to provide updates on the activities of their counties/agencies.
6. New TIP Evaluation Criteria
To help inform the selection process for new projects to be included in the DVRPC PA and NJ Transportation Improvement Programs, DVRPC has been working with its planning partners to update the region’s Project Evaluation Criteria for new projects. The proposed universal benefit criteria can be used for projects in both PA and NJ, and for both transit and highway projects. This effort will consider non-major roadway, transit, bike/pedestrian, preservation, operational improvement, freight, and other project types. A working subcommittee of the RTC (PA and NJ members) has identified and weighted nine main benefit criteria: Facility/Asset Condition, Safety, Investment in Centers, Congestion Reduction, Facility/Asset Use, Economic Competitiveness, Multi-modal Bike/Ped Impact, Environmental Justice, and Green Design/Air Quality.
7. SEPTA's Capital Improvement Plan: Catching Up
Byron Comati, SEPTA's Director of Strategic Planning and Analysis, will present an overview of SEPTA’s capital improvement strategy for the coming years. With the recent passage of the Pennsylvania transportation legislation, SEPTA will now have dedicated and growing funding to address their backlog of maintenance needs, as they plan and build for the future.
8. Executive Director's Report
- Board Retreat
- Board Member Handbook
- Regional and Center City Travel Trends
- 2012 Annual Crash Data Bulletin
- Revitalizing Suburban Downtown Retail Districts
- Transportation Alternatives Program
9. Committee Reports
- Regional Technical Committee
- Public Participation Task Force
- Delaware Valley Goods Movement Task Force
- Draft Minutes of Meeting of December 12, 2013
- Commissioner’s Summary Sheet (Action Items 2a, 2b, 3a, and 4)